Capture the Flag is an Annelids game mode, Your task is to find enemy flag and deliver it to your castle while preventing enemy team to do the same. Team with highest amount of delivered flags wins!
It is based on a traditional outdoor sport of the same name, in which two or more teams each have a flag and the objective is to capture the flag of the other team, located at the "base" of the team, and carry it safely to its own base.
The objective is to capture the enemy flag and deliver it to your castle while preventing the enemy team from doing the same. Once the flag is delivered it will count as a point for the team and it will reappear in its place of origin. When a worm is killed it will reappear in your castle in 8 seconds. The team that reaches the flag goal will win the game.
This game mode appears in missions:
- Mission 3: Capture the Flag
- Mission 7: Tight Spaces
- Mission 20: One on One
- Mission 21: Flat World
- Mission 22: Flag in Fortresses
- Mission 31: CTF Pro
You can select this game mode and set how many flags must be captured, they can be: 5, 10, 20, 30 and 50.
It is the third game mode on the multiplayer server list. This is configured with 10 flags and random maps. There are usually 7 to 10 games depending on how many people are playing.
- To prevent the enemy from capturing your flag, you can put Mines on it and thus kill whoever tries to capture it.
- The Spider Web can be of help and slow down the enemy and hinder the passage.
- To capture a flag surrounded by mines, you can use the Missile to move the mines.
- In closed maps it is better to kill worms on the way to the enemy flag to prevent them from reaching yours. When you have the flag avoid any enemy and deliver it as quickly as possible.
- In the Inferno and Jungle map you can move the flag with the Energy ring and hide it in a rock, making it unreachable.
- To prevent the enemy from returning you can put Spider Webs on your castle and slow it down.
- In the Fortresses map you can obtain the flag of the Team B putting a Nuclear Bomb on the cleft of the Right side of the Fortress entry.
- There are maps that are specially designed for this game mode, which are: Cliffs, Igloos, Corridors, Fortresses and Flat World.
- The enemy team will see the color of the last player who enters the game.
- Despite the fact that the maps are random in multiplayer, there are maps that are not used in this game mode: Underground, Ice Cave, Circuit, Space, City, Christmas and Matrix.
- As of March 24, 2021, the Flat World map was removed from multiplayer servers including Capture the Flag.